Sinusitis is an infection caused due to the swelling or inflammation of tissues lining the sinuses. When the healthy sinuses get filled with fluid instead of air, germs arise and result in a sinus infection. The inflammation takes place in the air pocket behind the bones of the nose and between the eyes. Sinusitis or sinus infection can be acute or chronic, with the symptoms of congestion, runny nose, headache, coughing, etc., but the acute sinusitis persists for a short period of time in comparison to chronic sinusitis. Similarly, the hearing loss in acute sinusitis takes place for a shorter time period and is restored once the infection is cured. But the chronic sinusitis may cause hearing loss for a longer time period and make it permanent if not properly taken care of. So sinusitis shall not be ignored, especially in the case of children, to avoid permanent hearing loss, and one should approach doctors for sinusitis treatment Singapore or for hearing loss treatment Singapore.
Sinusitis also impacts your ability to hear because of the interconnection of sinuses or nasal cavity and ears or eardrums inside your head, which causes a negative impact on the pressure of your ear due to sinus congestion as well as stuffiness. Clogged sinuses not only result in a stuffy nose but a lot of other issues. Sinusitis causes pain and other sensations in your ears.
· Sinusitis causes hearing loss when the infection spreads into the ear or middle ear.
· Due to the pressure, fluid builds up in the sinus cavity and gets spilled in the Eustachian tube.
· Due to the swelling of the Eustachian tube, the middle ear gets blocked.
· The blockage builds up the pressure in the eardrum and resulting in pain and hearing loss.
Other worsening factors related to sinusitis and hearing loss are:
1. Extreme temperature
Extreme temperature worsens sinusitis-related ear problems. You must avoid both the extreme heat and extreme cold to avoid more problems.
Dehydration makes it more difficult to breathe due to stuffiness, and ear problem worsens. You should drink lots of water to remain well hydrated. Better hydration helps in keeping the mucus fluid thin and enables it to drain with no excess stuffiness during your sleep.
You might feel dizzy due to built-up pressure in the inner ear, and the pressure occurred due to sinus issues.
4. Fast movement
Fast movements or motions like keeping your head down worsen the condition by increasing the pressure. You should join yoga classes to get rid of the issue.
consumption of alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, and salt affects circulation, and the changes in blood flow negatively affect your ear. So you should avoid the consumption of anything that worsens the condition.
· Taking care of the nasal congestion helps in reducing the impact on your ear as well.
· You can go for the sinusitis treatment Singapore, where the doctors will help you through the expert treatment for the cure.
· Nasal decongestants, saline solutions, and nasal spray help the nasal congestion by reducing it.
· Hearing loss is usually recovered if caused by sinusitis. But if the problem persists for more than the usual time, you can go for hearing loss treatment Singapore.
· For moderate hearing loss and pain, doctors may prescribe pain medications, ear drops, or medication for the treatment of the infection.
· In case of chronic sinusitis, doctors may suggest lancing your eardrum to allow the infection to drain.
· After the drainage of infection, your hearing issues will heal gradually.